Saturday, December 23, 2006

Out a here...

It is approximately 5 a.m., and I am heading out the door to the grocery store. I hope to purchase my a nice roast for our roast beef and yorkshire pudding dinner tomorrow.

It is wacked to be in the Denver area right now in the aftermath of that massive blizzard. Last night at the 5:30 meeting there were so many stories of people who hadn't been to a meeting for a week (like me) and who had lost their peace of mind on the roads yesterday (like me) and who didn't have their Christmas shopping done (like me), but were grateful to be sitting in a meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous (like me.) I could detail the fiascos of yesterday, but what is the point?

So I am heading to the grocery store now, hopefully before the herds show up, and then I am heading to a 6:30 meeting. Thank God for Alcoholics Anonymous.

"This is the how and the why of it. First of all, we had to quit playing God. It didn't work. Next, we decided that hereafter in this drama of life, God was going to be our Director. He is the Principal; we are His agents. He is the Father, and we are His children. Most good ideas are simple, and this concept was the keystone of the new and triumphant arch through which we passed to freedom." -- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 62

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to be (like me).

Shannon said...

I am one of His agents ; )

Anonymous said...

Reading your post today, I feel a lots of compassion for the grocery store clerks who are working at 5am today who may also need an AA meeting, but have to work instead

Anonymous said...

Hope the shopping went well and you have a wonderful and blessed holiday season.

Anonymous said...

Glad you could find all the "like mes" at the meeting you went to. There is no place like home.