Monday, December 11, 2006

Monday a.m.

Imagine killing time waiting for the gym to open at 5:00 a.m.! That is just crazy! But it is what I am doing right now. I went to sleep at 9 p.m., so I guess sleeping until 3:30 a.m. is really OK.

I ran 10 kilometers yesterday morning (6.2 miles). I am running probably too much, but I signed up for a couple of challenges on the Nike + iPod thing, and I am so incredibly competitive. I will try to cut back a little this week so that I can run my 5.5 miles on Friday, my 55th birthday, without too much pain.

The man of my summer romance called me last night. We talked for close to 2 hours. It was nice to hear from him, but sad too, to remember the wonderful times we had and how it ended. I do truly like this man. I confronted him about a few things last night and his response was what you frequently get from an alcoholic - "that's just the way I am."

"We had a new employer. He provided what we needed, if we kept close to Him and performed His work well. Established on such a footing we became less and less interested in ourselves, our little plans and designs. More and more we became interested in seeing what we could contribute to life. As we felt new power flow in, as we enjoyed peace of mind, as we discovered we could face life successfully, as we became conscious of His presence, we began to lose our fear of today, tomorrow or the hereafter. We were reborn." -- Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 63

6 comments:

Pammie said...

It's raining so hard here, that I can't get out and run this morning...I've never run a day in my life, except from the cops in 1990. But I love having a rain excuse. Isn't it nice to have a "real" conversation with an ex, instead of all our manufactured drama from the past?

Scott W said...

Thanks for posting so early every day. I read you and Dave before I do my morning meditations, prayer and writing. Nice way to start my days.

dAAve said...

I have waited outside the door to the gym at 5am waiting for it to be unlocked. Solved that probelm though - I quit going.
I am searching for the right b-day present for you.

jake said...

Gee, thanks for the tag....Happy Monday to you...Still Love you though....

JJ said...

All your running is killing me.
JJ

Petutes said...

It's always nice to have a conversation with an ex. My High School ex and I are still good friends although he's a normie. I am still sound asleep at 5am so I have never waited outside the door to get in.